Thursday, September 1, 2011

There's that success again.

Lunch on time? I guess that is a key factor. Even if we wake late and have breakfast late? Ok, now that's unfair!

*Whine mode off*

Today worked out pretty well. I'm sensing that my young wants-to-be-an-engineer has been skating on 'optional' work in class for his formal school career. I warned those teachers. But, once again, as he wasn't performing poorly (most of the time) he didn't get a lot of extra nudging towards performing better. And he's got standardized test skillz from both parents. Yay for under the radar!

Not any more though.
He's coming around though. My strategy of starting each day with a little writing- a writing prompt and a 5 minute timer, share if you want to- seems to loosen him up a little.

Tomorrow morning I'm setting the kids an alarm. We'll all be up and reasonable.
Maybe we can do it two days in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment