Friday, September 9, 2011

Is this what momentum looks like?

I've got stickers (yes, I'm cheesy like that)
Yesterday, One little student got a sticker.  Because she finished one entire day of school subjects.
Today I gave out two stickers.

I'm honestly surprised.
The holdout is both still sick and has a 4 paragraph essay to write. 
Never his strong suit.  However, a couple of days ago, he looked at me with the light of delight in his eyes and said "mom!  Writing this essay is going to be easy!  With all the work I've done already it's practically written!"  to whit I looked him in the eye and said "Yes!"  He gets it.  Maybe sixth grade will be ok after all.

He's promised to work on it over the weekend and not to complain when gently remind him of his promise. I don't expect any miracles.  Yet, I have hope.

I'm glad I'm keeping this record.  It will encourage and remind me what's working as I'm doing this. 
Things I love today.  The Rubber Band- I woke to the kids playing together making music with rubber bands, tupperwares and chairs.  They even made a band logo. 
All of us listening to 1776 (Brent Spiner as John Adams) and we had a wonderful time talking about salt peter and the triangle trade.  I play these things because they were essential to my own remembering details of the revolution.  I'm kind of horrible with names and dates, but the humor and romance of the play made it a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment