Wednesday, September 7, 2011

In which Cathy crawls into a little hole.

That good, eh?
I would say that today I gave up, but I didn't.  We had a really really long talk, the 4 of us.
I did realize that the difference between the first week, when I was feeling hopeful, and this week which has been a total disaster, is the "lesson planning".  Not that there's any functional difference.  This week I relied on the plans as they are.  And the week before I didn't change anything.  I just went with it.  But I copied down a list of subjects for each day.

Possessing that list is the difference.
Apparently it's magic in my hands. 

Not for me, but for the kids.  Knowing that I know what's coming?  That is what keeps the little brains going.

I give up.
I am unstructured girl
I want to go with the flow
I want to explore.
I do not want a rigid plan and getting up by 8am or we all die.
I want a family that can go with the flow.

And that's not the family I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment