Thursday, October 13, 2011

To be dedicated or not to be dedicated

My young man. The one who's 11. Is stuck. He's 11. Not a little kid anymore, not an adult. But both aspects are obvious in him. He giggles like a little maniac at cat jokes and riddles. Then he smile slyly at a very subtle joke. I'm enjoying meeting this young man he'll become.

But nowhere are his two minds kore divided than about school. He takes great pride in finishing everything he's "supposed to" do in a day, but some days it's "soooooo hard!"

Today was the latter type. Over the weekend he very seriously did not want to get behind by taking Columbus Day off. On Monday there was nothing he wanted more than to enjoy the free day.

He's great about helping around the house, most of the time. And best of all- he's honest and true to his word.

It's great to realize how much I like my kids. I'm pleased to think they'll always be people I enjoy hanging out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment